Olo Surf & Nature is a surf holiday company born from the wish to share the passion of authentic surfing and environmental awareness. Olo is located in Imsouane Bay, Morocco.
Olo proposes surf courses for beginners, surf coaching for intermediate and advanced surfers, free sessions for experienced surfers, yoga classes, excursions, discovery trips around the beautiful area and an amazing culinary experience. Depending on the conditions of the swells, winds, tides and crowd, our guests will be learning and evolving in the various spots of the region.
Our idea is to preserve the spirit of the golden age of surfing off the beaten tracks, contra to commercial clichés of surf-marketing. We believe that the Sport of Kings is also a wonderful way to meet new people. Sharing, discovery, pleasure and respect for the elements are the four values your experience is built on.
Our Team is qualified for any level of surfing and will be assisting you depending of your mood and motivation. All the equipment will be provided.
The photo and video debriefing will be followed by your daily session analysis. Olo Surf & Nature also offers a unique experience in Morocco, perfect for exploring wild and unknown surf spots which immerse you in the enchanting surroundings, off the beaten track: the SURFARI. Whether you want to learn how to surf, Progress technically, offer yourself a regenerative cure in contact with the ocean and waves or just discover the mysterious charms of the Moroccan coast, Olo Surf & Nature invites you to join us for an unforgettable stay.
In Olo we care for and value the people we work with. The environment and the community. We aim to provide luxury with minimum environmental inpact but maximum social impact.
Here are some of the things we do and value. (And some of the things you could also do to participate in the change.) :
1. Our Moroccan chef cooks with locally sourced food from the shops in Imsouane and the markets in Agadir. By making food we support local businesses and reduce our carbon footprint.
2. Most of our furniture is made from wood and recycled pallets by our friends from Casablanca. We believe in recycling and using unproccessed materials whilst still providing you with luxury comfort.
3. Employing locals and experts. Olo is run by Moroccans who preserve the culture and the African spirit. The crew is made of international and local experts. This creates an unique connection and helps us learn about different cultures. What we’ve found is that if you mix Moroccans and other cultures you get a magical thing.
4 Things you could do to make a difference:
1. As Moroccans do not use plastic bags, we encourage you to reuse them.
2. Compost – Our compost patch is growing. We hope to insire people to replant pips, make use of a compost bin and to grow their own plants. Please put all your organic waste in the compost bin at the smoothie bar and help make this work.
3. Any old clothes and surf equiptment can be given to the office at reception so that we can distribute the donations to locals who don’t have access to these things.
4. We encourage you to buy 5l water bottles to reduce plastic consumption. (We save our water bottles and plan on only using glass bottles in the near future.
There is no ATM in Imsouane- make sure to get cash before you arrive. The closest ATM is in Tamri which is approximately a 45 minute drive from Imsouane.
In Imsouane, there are a few people selling seasonal fruits and veggies, with some other snack items. For more extensive and diverse shopping, we recommend getting groceries at the supermarkets in Agadir or Essaouira.
Imsouane is a small walkable village- you can get everywhere by foot. There are some fish restaurants by the port, and also a few restaurants for tajine, pizza, and tacos.
There are two small local surf shops in Imsouane, and one board repairer.
You can pay for all your Olo expenses on all major credit cards.